TechnoLOGY. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Total Page Views

CATEGORY

Monday, May 21, 2012

Our love for the sport utility vehicle


I personally drive an SUV myself so therefore I can’t be a hypocrite like many other bloggers. The fact is that my SUV is not a crossover, but built on a truck chassis that rides as if you’re sliding down a staircase on your rump. On a good day I get maybe 20 miles per gallon so I’m not exactly getting catcalled by the ladies in the Wholefoods parking lot. The problem is that I love saving money and whenever gas prices go up above four dollars a gallon, I get in touch with mother nature real quick. The fact that I needed to sell my vehicle in order to get a more fuel-efficient one seemed like I completely lost out on timing, the reason being is that nobody would be stupid enough to buy my SUV while gas prices are astronomical. Well I was wrong about the last sentence because there were many individuals interested.

As I looked into the trends of automotive purchasing individuals, I found out that many people were interested in SUV’s. This was surprising because I figured that everyone had traded in their gas guzzlers for little baby Priuses as this would be a smart move. Then I realize that there are a lot of people who just don’t use common sense when purchasing a vehicle. The fact is that I don’t think many individuals like to downsize their vehicles because they feel more cramped or claustrophobic is my only guess, will other than the fact that the probably just getting fatter as well as their kids therefore needing more space. One trend we are seeing is crossover vehicles. These are pretty much fat ass cars with all-wheel-drive systems that can get you through inclement weather as well as on some dirt roads but will not be a dedicated 4×4 SUV. Good thing about these ugly ass crossover vehicles is that they are more efficient and most people simply don’t need a dedicated 4×4 although they might try and lead you to believe it.

Today we are seeing a trend for sport SUV crossover luxury exotic the packs a massive engine and looks like a car riding “Dirty South” style. I personally don’t understand why so much engineering goes into making these vehicles handled better with track inspired suspensions. Unless we start a sport SUV racing championship then about you just focus on making vehicle able to crawl over something other than a speed bump in front of your kids soccer field. But either way we are going to see more Porsche Cayenne’s and Lamborghini SUVs debuting.