TechnoLOGY. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Total Page Views

CATEGORY

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Worst Custom Car

I love custom cars and I love it when somebody takes an ordinary car and makes it into a work of art. In this article we look at beauty that seems to only be held in the eye of the beholder. When custom car shows such as SEMA come along I get excited to see what creations will be shown that accentuate the artistic abilities of custom car designers. On the other hand there are about five putrid custom cars for each good one. Since there are so many distasteful modifications being done it makes me feel as though I am the one lacking the taste. It’s one thing to be young and want to make your car unique to your taste yet you don’t have the funds to do so. I don’t however understand why you have cheap fiberglass ground effects that chip and break before you ever get primer on them. What I do love is seeing massive rear wing spoilers pushing down the backend of a front-wheel-drive car. As we all know Honda Civics and Acura Integras are known for the ass end lifting off the ground around 55 mph in the mall parking lot.
Most people set a stereotype to each car owner and modification done but the more I look into it I realize that every race on this planet has individuals that properly customize their vehicles by using quality parts and then there’s the side of the race that gets all their custom parts from AutoZone. My issue is that I am a stickler for quality workmanship. One of my first jobs was being the peon at an auto body shop and when we did custom work it took massive amounts of time and effort but the final product was always well worth the blood, sweat and two years. So let’s take a look at some epic fails amongst custom car designs.
As we see there are plenty of bad decisions when it comes to customizing one’s vehicle and some of them almost seem as though it’s a practical joke; and I have even made the mistake of treating one as a practical joke and laughing with the owner but as my laughing caused more veins to pop out of the owners forehead I soon realized that he looked at the vehicle and actually planned for it to look like garbage.
This is actually an untouched production model!